Saturday, January 15, 2011

Glitter pants are the new black

Photobucket

In high school I did an art project that involved a tremendous amount of glitter.  I spent many, many hours working with it ... eating it ... inhaling it.  Glitter is of the devil, I'm pretty sure.  So I was apprehensive about working with it again for my Tinker Bell costume last summer.  But I figured I couldn't have a proper fairy costume without some glitter, so I bought a bunch.

I sat down to open it, very very very carefully.  I was prepped.  I was primed.  I didn't have to get up.  I didn't have to move the glitter bottle far to pour it into what I wanted.  I didn't exhale.  Everything was in position for the cleanest, least-inhaling-bits-of-plastic experience possible.

When I opened the jar, it exploded.  All over my pants.

There will be glitter in the apartment for years after we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment