Monday, February 7, 2011

Today's family post; me, myself and I.

All right, so I believe I've made the decision to do the hair coloring thing.  But I'm still at a bit of a crossroads about what color.  My thoughts are:

1) Color it back to the way it is when it's not going grey
2) Color it back the way it was when I was a bit younger (which was much redder; copper red, though)
3) Color it a darker brown, which would be a little richer, I think
4) Go for the anime red.  Or green.  Or blue.  Or maybe all of the above.

I went to Sally's Beauty today and the woman there had a lot of good advice (and new what anime red was; in fact, she's the one who first called it that so I knew i was in good hands), but I wasn't able to decide on the actual color while I was there.  It was good for recon, though, and as I said, she had good advice.

The first part was to take three towels - one white, one gold and one silver - and hold them up to my face, and see how that looks with my skin and eyes, etc.  If white looks best then you can go white blonde (which was not one of my options, actually); if it's gold, then a warmer, lighter shade would work; if it's grey, then a cooler or darker shade is okay.  I don't have towels in those colors, but I do have photoshop!  So here we go:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is very similar to the thing I've been trying to figure out re: do I have warm or cool skin tones for makeup?  And the answer there seems to always be 'neutral'.  Which is unhelpful because it means you can sort of wear anything, only I know certain things look like ass on me (pale greens, yellow, orange-reds come to mind) and they cross the 'warm/cool' barriers.  So I think it's trial and error for me.

In any case, I think the white looks best?  But I dunno.  And I'm not sure I want to be blonde?

I decided, whilst photoshopping, that I'd just go ahead and try on some colors.  So here we go! =D

Photobucket
Coppery


Photobucket
Slight Darker Brown

Photobucket
Black

Photobucket
Malfoy

Photobucket
McDonald

Photobucket
Sailor Mercury

Photobucket
Sailor Pluto

Anyway, after talking to the girl in Sally, I have an idea of what I'm going to do.  But I'm open to comments. o_o

No comments:

Post a Comment